How To Write A Midi Track To Wav?

BigEZ

The Devil Has Blue Eyes
Hi All,

I'm using Sonar X1 and I have some midi tracks that I'm happy with and want to convert them to wav so they're no longer taking up processing power. i.e. bass and steven slate drums. Any idea how I do this?

Thanks,

Bounce them to a new track in the submeny. Or you can just freeze them (snowflake symbol), and move the freezed audio track to a new position and just save the old MIDI file for reference.

Hmm when I use S2.0 and the 300,000+ MIDI Drum files I Normally Export as audio I believe I have not tried the SnowFlake Button, Another reason I think I need to get some of teh Tutorials and Tips and Tricks Books to learn how to use the Software Properly and Effeciently, I am 10 X better then I was I remember when I first starting using the software it would take me hours to create a single drum track and get the sound correct as I had not figured out how awesome having a Template With all the S2.0 Mixer Levels and FX set etc. Heck I bet 75% of my time was trying to set all the levels let alone finding the Midi Files I wanted and Piecing them all together, I have so many Drum Files I still have yet to auditioned everyone of them.

There are 2 types of freeze in Sonar: Synth & Track

I've found it's much better to simply freeze the synth.

Freezing the track means you can't apply any Fx to it afterwards, unless you copy/drag the resultant wave to a new track.

Freezing the synth means you're now mixing with just audio, the synth is released from cpu and if you want to adjust the Midi in the future, just unfreeze, tweak & re-freeze.

Never knew I could freeze the track. Great tip! For me, I put the output of that track to a new audio track and add effects. I use it mainly to map Session Drummer to multiple tracks (bass, snare, hi hat, cymbals, toms). I haven't had a problem with cpu power on my newer computer, so I haven't had a need to "bounce" it.

Yeah, the freeze is awesome! I can unfreeze to re-edit my drum tracks and re-freeze to drop in some NY compression...wonderful!

Back