how to use piano roll?

I don't know Pro Tracks Plus, but if it's anything like SONAR, you don't necessarily need a MIDI controller to record with it. Of course, that makes it a helluva lot easier though! But, there is the option to just draw the notes in with your mouse by selecting the note duration and then just clicking on the pitch you want at the time you want.

HTH :)
-Jeff

just use the paintbrush or line draw and put an event on the pitch that lines up with the piano on the left

The matrix is pitch X time. Select "Draw" (pencil) to enter MIDI note in the line. You can also decrease / increase note's length by draging the tail of the note. Erase them when you want with "Erase" tool. There's a field on the bottom to alter velocity, controler, etc. (deppend on how you set them).

Piano Roll View is one of them basic MIDI feature. The manual (or even the help menu) explained it very clear.

;)
Jaymz

... and of course: You need a MIDI Source (hardware/software/whatever).

Nick The Man said:
whenever i draw a line and hit play nothing happens is there some kind of button i should be pressing
You do realize that you will need a source for the MIDI sounds produced, right?

That could be your sound card, a DXi Synth, or an external MIDI device - depending on your set-up. But the piano roll is just a way of entering MIDI data, it can not produce sounds on its own.

Back