how to set up for recording after installation??

kenoir

Dear guys:

Currently I have a laptop set up with sonar 6 and presonus fire studio tht work in a window vista environment I borrowed them from someone for a quick recording.

However, I can't get it to play back or record anything after the installation of the program and the driver (in respective order)

The playback button and the record button is greyed out, when I press them, the time display skipped for a fraction of second then turn back to the place where it used to be.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hope someone can kindly show me the way. It's quite urgent.:(

Thanks a lot

Sonar is not recognizing that you even have a soundcard. Run the audio wizard again. If Sonar doesn't find your soundcard, look in the device windows device manager to make sure it's installed. Also go to windows sound and see if you can select your soundcard as a default.

Either the soundcard isn't installed correctly. Sonar hasn't recognized it yet, or you have a Vista driver problem with your soundcard.

You also may need to switch from WDM-drivers to ASIO-drivers under Tools -> Audio.

My firestudio project has had problems with Sonar from the get go. I have read it works fine with reaper, and one guy used reaper as a host for Sonar, using the Rearoute (or whatever it's called) to work with Sonar, and all their problems stopped. I have tried both the wdm, the Asio, and the Asio4all. None of them are perfect. I get dropouts randomly. But I'm not ready to give up yet.

The Presonus website www.presonus.com has a great forum, as well as www.cakewalk.com and both talk about these issues.

Also, make sure to disable your onboard soundcard. That seemed to make a difference for me.

I didn't install any program, I just went and installed the newest drivers and used them. Should I be installing a 'program' or is that just the mixer software part of the device? Sorry to hijack. But it may help you too.

I would guess that the required software for the sound card was installed when you installed the drivers for it... :)

Back