How to Make Keyboard Make Sound in Sonar X1?

BClinton

Hello, I don't know whether I should post this in Cakewalk or Keyboard forum, anyway:

So I got this really nice MIDI keyboard for Christmas, I have it set up in Sonar X1 Producer, and it recognizes input, but I don't know how to make it make sound. I think the term is mapping a midi file to it? I don't know...

Anyway if someone could tell me how to make the keyboard make sound that would be awesome.

Open a VST synth like Dim Pro.

In the MIDI track set your keyboard as the input source and Dim Pro for the output source. Be careful not to set up a MIDI feedback loop by sending the output back into the input.

Set up your audio output track off the DIM Pro channel like you would set up any other audio output in Sonar.

When you open Dim Pro there is a menu with the different instruments, select an instrument and it will load into the synth playback engine. You can adjust some of the parameters like MIDI channel, assign aftertouch and things like that. You can also transpose both the keyboard notes in half steps and the sample pitches in cents for tuning.

If you don't use MIDI-OX it is highly recommended for graphic control of MIDI ports and MIDI filtering.

Back