how do you edit out clicks and pops?

willow

my masters have a few clicks where the guitar player made some punch-ins, probably cause they ere not made at the zero crossings.

any options to get rid of these?

thanks

Try a fade in.

Select the very beginning of the lick ( Alt-left click). Go to Process/Audio/Fade and choose a fade in. Make your selection small i.e. an eighth note, it will probably work fine.

You could also slip edit the punched in audio clips to be as close to to the recorded waveform as possible, and turn on the adjust edits to zero crossing in the editing options dialog. :)

since my measures are not lined up (i went over that in my copy and paste post) ... all of this stuff is difficult to do.

what settings do i use in the snap properties (for easy selecting) if my measures are not aligned?

also the green marker is always getting in the way!! when i go to select or split, the marker messes me up. how do i get rid of that problem?

thanks

jaykeMURD said:
Fading in is the easiest way for me.
Thank the Lord for hotkeys!!! :D

I think he's talking about pops and clicks in between audio...?
I just found Sonar 5 very time consuming when it comes to editing audio into little bits. that's why i'm going to stick with cubase sx as long as im on my PC.

studiomaster said:
I think he's talking about pops and clicks in between audio...?
I just found Sonar 5 very time consuming when it comes to editing audio into little bits. that's why i'm going to stick with cubase sx as long as im on my PC.

so, how do you do it in cubase?

is cube easier to use generally?

Back