How do you bypass an effect with an envelope? S4

Ptron

Theres gotta be a way to turn effects on and off with an envelope but I don't see it. Any help?

Right mouse click on the FX bin and choose "BYPASS FX". That will bypass everything. If you only want to bypass one of the effects in the FX bin, then just click the little yellow (?) light in the checkbox to the left of the FX name as it appears in the FX bin.

Ciao,

Q.

I have done this by putting the effect on a aux bus and used and envelope on the volume (return) to trun it of...

Sometimes I have also used the WET/DRY parameter for the effect and automated that with an envelope. Not all fx have something easy like this though so Ptron way is probably the first option.

Ciao,

Q.

Thanks for the ideas. Jeez, this seems like a really basic function. Kinda surprising you have to jump through hoops to do it.

HMusikk said:
I have done this by putting the effect on a aux bus and used and envelope on the volume (return) to trun it of...

Can that be done in Cakewalk 9? I would also like to be able to automated FX changes in a track.

Qwerty said:
Sometimes I have also used the WET/DRY parameter for the effect and automated that with an envelope. Not all fx have something easy like this though so Ptron way is probably the first option.

Ciao,

Q.

that is what i was gonna suggest. it works very well and is quick and very controllable. i like it better than using an aux track because its cleaner and more visable.

Back