how to convert MIDI to Audio on X2?

SD88

how to convert midi to audio on X2, I would like to know how to do it in case one day I need it. thanks in advanced

Use a softsynth/VSTi/virtual instrument.

Or run the midi data out to your sound generating keyboard and capture the audio from that.

Or maybe you knew all that already and I missed the gist of your question.... :confused:

+1.
Midi is an instruction set for an instrument.
That instrument may may hardware or software but without it there is no sound.

Pipe your midi into a softsynth, choose a voice, and record the output in your DAW.
I don't bother with the last step. If I ever use softsynths they just remain active while I mix.
That means you aren't committed to the voice settings and the notation.

+1.
Midi is an instruction set for an instrument.
That instrument may may hardware or software but without it there is no sound.

Pipe your midi into a softsynth, choose a voice, and record the output in your DAW.
I don't bother with the last step. If I ever use softsynths they just remain active while I mix.
That means you aren't committed to the voice settings and the notation.

If I have a VSTi that is eating CPU live, I will route the MIDI track to an audio track, record, turn off the MIDI track (disable) so if I want to change it, I still have it, but I am not using CPU for other live effects.

I have had some VSTi's that really eat CPU and I get an 70-80%+ bounce. Playing straight audio takes very little CPU, it sometimes makes sense to record it and then disable if you are using many voices.

If I have a VSTi that is eating CPU live, I will route the MIDI track to an audio track, record, turn off the MIDI track (disable) so if I want to change it, I still have it, but I am not using CPU for other live effects.

I have had some VSTi's that really eat CPU and I get an 70-80%+ bounce. Playing straight audio takes very little CPU, it sometimes makes sense to record it and then disable if you are using many voices.

Yehp. That's a good solution if you're up against it. ;)

You could always simply FREEZE the soft synth.

This will render your Midi to audio and remove the synth from memory, freeing up CPU cycles in the process.

Not happy with your Midi performance? Just unfreeze, tweak your Midi & re-freeze. It's that simple

Back