Hooking up Zoom H2 to Sonar 7 PE, possible? How?

CyCla

Hi folks,

this is my first time here, so hello to all.

I recently acquired a Zoom H2 handy digital recorder because of its light weight, compact size and audio interface capability. However I can't get it to work with Sonar 7 PE. After all the necessary driver install for the H2, sonar still refuse to recognize the hardware. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm also having the notorious crackle problem with sonar and onboard realtek, any suggestions on a good entry level sound card that will work nicely with sonar and won't break the bank?

thanks a bunch!

Have you tried disabling your onboard sound card? In Sonar 4, I couldn't get it to use my Mia card if my Soundblaster was still installed. I've upgraded to Sonar 7, but still only have the Mia installed, so I don't know if that's still a problem.

I tweaked around and somehow got it to work, but sonar keeps telling me the audio has "dropped out" :confused: anyway, I think a good sound card is in order, any recommendations?

P.S. I do mostly acoustics, just a guitar + vocal, sometime I throw in a few basslines and drumloops via midi here and there but it's nothing major

thanks a bunch!

Back