HELP with Notation

MisterC

Couple quick questions about Notation in Sonar:

Is there any way to do multiple verses of Lyrics under a single section of melody?

Import / Export...
* If I save my "lead sheet" as a MIDI file will it contain lyrics, chords and other notation info? If so, are there any notation packages that can import that information intact?
OR
* Are there any notation packages that can IMPORT Sonar projects, including lyrics, chords and other embellishments.

Thanks in advance

Is there any way to do multiple verses of Lyrics under a single section of melody?

Hmmm... I tried to, but seems to me, we can't do that. Only one lyric line.

* If I save my "lead sheet" as a MIDI file will it contain lyrics, chords and other notation info? If so, are there any notation packages that can import that information intact?

If you set your file as MIDI file (.mid) you will loose so many setting you made with SONAR. GM spec only allows SMF to contain standard info based to their spec. I heard GM2 spec allows you to bundle lyrics etc with the file, but I don't think SONAR will let you save to this format.

* Are there any notation packages that can IMPORT Sonar projects, including lyrics, chords and other embellishments.

I never heard one, but open 'em in SONAR again.

;)
Jaymz

Back