Help me out with templates here...

tubedude

Ok, I opened a new project in Sonar 2, made it 8 tracks, set my Delta 1010 inputs for each track, named each one, set the aux busses up and the bit rate, and saved it as a template file.
1) Now, how do I find it when I want to open it for a new song? This will be a standard start for each drum track, and I need a way to do it fast. I thought making it a template would do so, but I cant find it now.
2) Shouldnt it show iwhen I click quick-start in the template file with all the other default templates? How can I get it to show?
3) Is there a way to get rid of some of the goofy default template files that are in my quick-start?
Thanks,
Paul

James' suggestion is a good one if you use the same template to start every project. However, if you don't want to overwrite the Normal template (or if you need to have more than one template), save the template as a .cwt file in the Sample Content folder under the Sonar2 directory.

If you do this, the template should show up in your list of choices when you execute the File > New command, or when you select the Create New Project button upon starting Sonar.

You can also delete template files from this same folder (or move them to another folder) if you don't want them to show up on your list of choices.

(BTW, these instructions are for Sonar 2. Offhand I don't know if the same folder is used for Sonar 1 or for PA9.)

Back