Help! Live input buzzing

Jacksondog

I recently installed a SoundBlaster Audigy LS card with updated drivers and now I get terrible buzzing sounds when using “live input” in Sonar 2. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried the wave device profiler, latency slider and it’s still there. I read somewhere that moving the card to another pci slot may do the trick. Recording appears to be fine, it only freaks out during live input.

Thanks,

Jacksondog

amd athlon 2600+
512 ram
gibabyte mobo
80 gig hd
win xp

Grasping at straws...

Well, if this problem only occurs when using external sound sources or an Audigy breakout box, it could be
bad cable
bent pins (are there pins on the connector?)
grounding problem
bad power strip

If you are using pre-amps or mixers you could try taking these things out of the sound chain to see if the buzz goes away.

Have you already looked at the Troubleshooting guide in the manual or checked for a FAQs page on the creative web site?

Good luck!

Have audigy 2 platnum

I have the audigy 2 platnum and here is what I did:
First, the other inputs on the mixer ,Midi,mic, aux etc. turn the ones you are not using off when recording audio they all generate noise and the more that are on the more noise you will get!
Second , Yes it is very important the way the cables are run inside the PC if the conecting cables are running over and under other wires to cd's hard drives etc. they seem to pick up noise also.
To fix this problem I removed everything in the PC that was not neccisary in terms of pci slots(an old modem card not being used) and located ny audigy card to the farthest slot from all the other cards(especially vidio card) and get this..... I took the front mounted input output panel right out of my Pc and mounted it seperately away from pc as far as the power cable and other wires t6o the card would allow and what a difference it makes!!
Most of these solutions came from creative except removing the front panel.
LOL hope this helps!!!

Back