Thread: İİİİİİİİHelpİİİİİİİİİİİ

Thanks

Angry

Sign in to disable this ad
    Can I Use My Fd4 With Cakewalk Via Midi Cables To record separate tracks and mix 2 an mp3 or cd ?

Thanks

Wink

You can hook up the FD4 to the computer with midi cables; that will allow you to use Cakewalk to control the FD4. You can't, however, transfer tracks via midi cables.

I think the FD-4 has digital audio outputs, if this is true, you could record the tracks into cakewalk two at a time, assuming you have a soundcard with S/PDIF (digital audio) connections. This would allow you to transfer the tracks without losing any quality.

You could also rerecord the tracks with the analog outputs of the FD-4, and the line-in of your soundcard, this will degrade the quality of the sound.

Also, if you have a scsi zip or jazz drive, you can plug that into the fd-4, copy the tracks, then plug the zip or jazz into the scsi card on your computer (scsi zip and jazz drives generally come with a scsi card, in case you don't have one), and copy the tracks on to your computer. As long as the FD-4 uses some windows recognizable audio format, this should work.

Hope this is useful

William Underwood

Thanks

Wink

or, where you talking about recording tracks into cakewalk which are seperate from the tracks on the fd-4? If this is the case, then yes, it should be fairly easy: just set the fd-4 to transmit midi clock messages (I think it may do this by default, actually), and set cakewalk's sync to MIDI. Hit record on cakewalk, then play on the FD-4, and start playing.

Hope one of my answers was the right one! : )

William Underwood

Thread Information