Hard Disk Space

beebah

Hi greetings from New Zealand.

I'm running pro audio 8, my hard drive has a 6 gig capacity. When I'm recording, Cakewalk displays how much hard disk space I have left:measured in megabytes, and also a percentage measuring the same thing.

I'm running up to 10 audio tracks per song, and I have a client who wants to record 10 songs. I'm chewing through disk space at a very fast rate.

I have 2 questions, when I delete unwanted audio tracks, why doesn't the available hard disk and percentage counter go back up!!!, does this mean I have the same amount of disk space left as I did before I deleted the unwanted audio files or what is happening, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to finish my current project. My other question is once I've finished mixing my tracks, what do you suggest I master to? I want to have a back-up copy of the project for myself and also give the client a master. What do other Cakewalk users do, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Get a CDR drive and archive the stuff you don't want to lose. <$1.00 gets you 650 MB.
Even on my 13 GB drive the same rules apply.

The audio data still hangs around in case you decide to "undo".

You should occasionally use "Tools | Compact Audio Data", followed by "Tools | Clean Audio Disk". It'll clobber your undo buffer, so make sure you are absolutely, positively happy with all destructive edits before you do.

[This message has been edited by pglewis (edited 05-29-2000).]

Cakewalk will also write to your Windows/Temp file so I would check there to see if there is alot of stuff hanging around there too.
dave

Back