grrrrr... Grrrrr .. GRRRRRR

Eddie N

10 Inch Member
friends ,

i tried doing a search for my answer... but had no luck...

my problem is , during playback... lots of times... cakewalk will just stop playing back...for no reason at all... and the more tracks i add.. the worse it gets.. the problem is at its worst when im in console view trying to put together a " trial " final mix.. besides the latency confusing the hell out of me , itll just stop... then..when you proceed to start playbacking again , the program resets all the adjustments in the console i just made. AHHHHHHH ... what am i doing wrong ?

my computer is a compaq presario 300 mmx amd k6.. 64 megs of ram.. and 3 out of 4 gigs free for hard drive space..my soundcardd is built in to my MB..im using the cakewalk home studio 8 DEMO.. ( demo..hmmnn..think that has anything to do with it ? )..

please help me ..

- eddie -

Try setting your playback and record buffers equal to or greater than the number of tracks that your are attempting to playback simultaneously.

For example: If you are trying to play 6 audio tracks simultaneously, you should have your playback buffers set to 6 or more.

I hope this helps!

Conrad Josepi

You may want to check your virtual memory settings. I'm not sure what I have mine set at because Im not at the studio, but I'll reply again later. If you cant wait, right click my computer, click performance, and virtual memory.Click to specify your own settings and Call 1-888-CAKEWALK. They should be able to help.

Bill

Back