full duplex problem?

busboy

I have a slight problem.

Let's say I have a guitar track recorded. Now I want to record a bass track. Well the problem is that when I start recording the bass track, the guitar track wont play any sound.

Anyone got any ideas?

Does your sound card support full duplex operation? Many older ones don't, and that's what you need to record and play at the same time.

yeah, it's full duplex. I've been using the same sound card with n-track studio for a while. I started using cakewalk about a week ago. I've browsed through the manual and everything seems to be in order. The program will play any number of tracks that I import. But once I try to record a track, all the others are silent. It's rather frustrating. I'm almost ready to pitch cakewalk and go back to n-track.

Busboy,

There is a setting in cakewalk that relates to playing audio while recording, and I beleive it defaults to the off setting. I can't remember where I saw the settingsince I use Cubase now, but I'm sure someone who uses Cakewalk can tell you. Check all the settings under properties, or setup or system .. look for something that says "play while record" - just a possibility

Emeric

Back