Fruity Dudes (gay or not LOL) how do you delete pattern space???

shawn gibson

Hey Guys, in Fruity Loops, if you record something to a pattern with a keyboard, but then you gotta get back and hit "stop"...how do you delete that extra few beats that it takes you to get to the stop button???

I.e., you record 4 beats, and it's *supposed to* be a 4 beat pattern, but then when you play it back, it has recorded a beat or 2 of silence at the end. I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete that space. I've gone ito the piano roll and selected the space, hit delete, but that doesn't work...and the FL help is pretty bare bones, and they never got back to me in email.

Jaymz - samples...can these kind of things (good drum samples for example, good orchestral stuff outside Edirol Orchestral, i.e., just individual samples on individual channels - can these hings be loaded into FL?).

OK need coffee, work in an hour. Blah. Thursdays are crap, still 1 day till Friday:(

Shawn

ps I can't wait to hit 250 posts, I have my icon made and everything: http://members.rogers.com/sgphoto/me.gif
(my name is shawn glen gibson, cool co-inky-dink, eh?)

I really can't speak for the other questions (I used FL along time ago), but since James sometimes answers my question, I'll answer his. :D

shawn gibson said:
Jaymz - samples...can these kind of things (good drum samples for example, good orchestral stuff outside Edirol Orchestral, i.e., just individual samples on individual channels - can these hings be loaded into FL?).
Samples can be loaded into FL. At least in version 2.7 you could get an extra sample-player. I think it's included now, but I don't know.

And the Edirol Orchestral is a (extremely beautiful) softsynth, so it's not "loops"...

:)

Cool (smily with sunglasses...). Thanks muskus.

I bought the Orchestral a while back, I love it:)

OK I have to ask...GigaStudio...is that samples that I can load in to FL or SONAR?

Or is it an application? I can't tell from what I've read so far.

Same with Drum Kit From Hell...is that samples I can load in and trigger however I want?

I can't believe it's taking me so long to learn this stuff. It's true what they say about getting old:(

Shawn

shawn gibson said:
OK I have to ask...GigaStudio...is that samples that I can load in to FL or SONAR?

Or is it an application? I can't tell from what I've read so far.

Same with Drum Kit From Hell...is that samples I can load in and trigger however I want?
GigaStudio is an application/sample player which can stream Gigasamples directly from disk (but now it's the only program that can do that, Kontakt and VSampler 3 springs to mind).

Drumkit from Hell is a collection of wave-files of wavefiles which can be loaded into, say, DR-008 (if you have Sonar 2 XL).

:)

Forgot to respond :rolleyes:

Thanks moskus. The DFH looks great (sounds great too from the website:))

Does anyone know how to fix the extra-space problem when recording a 'live' softsynth keyboard into a Fruity pattern?

Shawn:):):)

I think you do this in the step-sequencer. You need to go to one of the toolbars at the top. Maybe 'tools' or 'options'? and find the place where you select the number of beats in each pattern. You may also have to enable 'record to step sequencer'. I know this isn't helping much, but I'm trying to do it from memory. I took a shot!

ed

Back