Exporting OMF Files ?????

Bstage

I tried the file-export option and nothing seems to pull up the OMF as a file type to save under.... I have Sonar 2XL so am I missing something that is right in front of me??????

Any tips to help this confused soul?

^^^

I was under the impression the OMF file is like a Cakewalk Bundle file with all the multitrack session info imbedded within ??????

Now i am confused.... By the way the audio has no midi in the multitrack session.

I’ve never used OMF, but I believe it is “similar” to a bundle file in that it contains all the audio data, time codes, alignment, etc. However, I don’t believe it keeps information on plug-ins, plug-in settings, midi, etc. It’s a way to exchange multi-track audio projects between different platforms – fairly rudimentary, I believe, but better than exporting individual wave files for each track.

When I said earlier don’t go all the way to Export > Audio, I was simply referring to where the OMF export command appears on the Sonar menu. It has nothing to do with the audio being included or not. The menu structure is just Export > OMF.

dachay2tnr said:
I’ve never used OMF, but I believe it is “similar” to a bundle file in that it contains all the audio data, time codes, alignment, etc. However, I don’t believe it keeps information on plug-ins, plug-in settings, midi, etc. It’s a way to exchange multi-track audio projects between different platforms – fairly rudimentary, I believe, but better than exporting individual wave files for each track.

When I said earlier don’t go all the way to Export > Audio, I was simply referring to where the OMF export command appears on the Sonar menu. It has nothing to do with the audio being included or not. The menu structure is just Export > OMF.

So it is File, then Export, without any else.. Last time I checked Export Audio was the only available option to export... Hmmm Ill check later today...

Bstage said:
So it is File, then Export, without any else..
It's File, then Export, then OMF.

If you don't have this on your menu, perhaps it is something you needed to select when installing Sonar. In which case you may need to run the installation routine again and choose it. (Although, I don't really recall this being an option.)

^^

dachay2tnr said:
It's File, then Export, then OMF.

If you don't have this on your menu, perhaps it is something you needed to select when installing Sonar. In which case you may need to run the installation routine again and choose it. (Although, I don't really recall this being an option.)

That might be the problem..... Ill try to reinstall Sonar... Just have to make sure my settings are the same.

Just had another thought.

Have you patched your version of Sonar up to ver. 2.2? OMF is a fairly recent feature. I can't recall exactly which version introduced it, but if you aren't all the way up to 2.2, that very well could be the problem.

^^

dachay2tnr said:
Just had another thought.

Have you patched your version of Sonar up to ver. 2.2? OMF is a fairly recent feature. I can't recall exactly which version introduced it, but if you aren't all the way up to 2.2, that very well could be the problem.

Good point.... Ill check on the upgrade....

Thanks again

Sonar 2.2 basically just added the ASIO-support, so it has to be the 2.1 update. :)

Back