Export Audio Irritant

Rockenheimer

Good day. God bless you all.

I'm trying to export audio that's all mixed and ready to go - I want to create a file for a ready-mixed song. I wanted to export it into a .wav format, so I whipped out the manual, followed instructions (create a destination folder, name the file, select bit depth, select output busses etc), and it seems to do it's thing: up at the top window, the progress is shown in percentages - takes no time at all, and wham, it's all done. I fetch my thus-created new .wav file, and I get a "need codec for this type of file" or something like that. "Click Web - Help to see if you can dowload it off the net" - with a "Close" button underneath that. That seems to cast the net awfully far and wide for my needs. A codec for THIS type of file?? As opposed to WHAT?? So to hell with it, I exported it to .wma format instead. That too seemed to work fine, then when I tried to open that one, I got something to the tune of "Format of this type of file not supported". Wonderful. So I tried to export to an .mp3 format. That played just fine, actually; only problem was it somehow only transfered 19 seconds worth of one single track, out of the dozen I had recorded.

Contemplating destruction. Help!

Steph

Couple of thoughts.

First off, do a "select all" before exporting. This should insure you get all the tracks for the entire length of the song.

Second, I don't think Guitar Tracks does midi, but just in case it does, is there any midi tracks present in the project.

Third, the request for a codec for the Wave file is usually an indication that you have a 24 bit file. Windows Media Player will not play 24 bit files. (This could *possibly* also be your problem with the .wma format.) Try exporting the file at 16 bits.

dachay2tnr said:
Couple of thoughts.

First off, do a "select all" before exporting. This should insure you get all the tracks for the entire length of the song.

Second, I don't think Guitar Tracks does midi, but just in case it does, is there any midi tracks present in the project.

Third, the request for a codec for the Wave file is usually an indication that you have a 24 bit file. Windows Media Player will not play 24 bit files. (This could *possibly* also be your problem with the .wma format.) Try exporting the file at 16 bits.

This sounds about right

Back