Excessive bleeding in Izotope Vinyl

Rock Star 87

I own PA9, and one of my many plug-ins is Izotope Vinyl, and I was just wondering if It's just me, or does this plug-in have no regard for seperation of tracks. I have it on an aux bus, and 4+5 are the only tracks pulling on that bus, while if i solo any other track, it still pulls on the plug-in. Any feedback.-

Rock Star 87 said:
I own PA9, and one of my many plug-ins is Izotope Vinyl, and I was just wondering if It's just me, or does this plug-in have no regard for seperation of tracks. I have it on an aux bus, and 4+5 are the only tracks pulling on that bus, while if i solo any other track, it still pulls on the plug-in. Any feedback.-

I can't emulate this in Sonar 4 with Vinyl v1.6. Maybe get the later release of vinyl - still a freebie download.

Ciao,

Q.

It might be better to think of Vinyl as a sound effects generator instead of a standard plugin, it is really meant to be used for an overall effect on the main stereo output bus, it will generate it's sound effects even if placed on an aux with NO tracks assigned to it.

If you only want it's effects on specific tracks, you could use it as a channel insert one track at a time, solo up the track and bounce the results to an empty track, when you're happy with the bounced track, archive the original and use the effected track, you can then use automation and/or slip editing to remove the Vinyl effect in the sections where there should be silence on any effected tracks.

You could also just automate the aux return to silence the effect when there is no audio passing thru it, but that won't change the behavior you're seeing when soloing non-effected tracks.

:)

couldn't you destructivly add it to a track?

as in double click the track (in CWPA9) and then add the effect that way?

TravisK said:
couldn't you destructivly add it to a track?

as in double click the track (in CWPA9) and then add the effect that way?

You could , but I would rather use a way to do it without overwriting the original audio, leaving me the option to go back and re-do, or remove an effect in case I changed my mind about it.

:)

well, about the destructive audio, you could always make a copy of the track you want to save and put it right below that one with mute on it. It would work, just not the BEST way...

Rock Star 87 said:
I'm with Stryder on the destructive editing bit, but automation could solve the problem in what way?

set up the vinyl plug on a send/bus, and use automation to control the level of it. i'm not in front of the program right now, but i did something like that with izotope a while back.

Back