Error:"Unable to save recording. Audio Disk is full."

Pipeline

Has anyone had experience with this error message? It happens at very random times when I am recording and even when it is the first take of the day. I'm running Sonar 2.0 XL, Aardvark Q10, 40 GB 7200 RPM drive (plenty of space available), etc. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Never heard of that one, but did you defrag the drive and check it for errors lately?

That's right, Bill :) Most likely you must defrag your HDD periodically. I've got the same message when the disk hadn't been defragged for quite long time :) And in very minor case, there's something wrong with your IDE cable, you may try replace it if problem still occurs.

;)
Jaymz

I've run across it before. Never did track down what caused it. However, if I recall, a reboot generally fixed it.

I suspect it has something to do with the temp files that are created when you've been recording for awhile - however that's just a WAG. My recollection is that after I rebooted the problem went away.

Oh, and btw, I defrag pretty regularly, so that wasn't it (at least in my case).

I would override Windows' Virtual Memory settings, never let Windows decide on it's own.

It could be.... ;)

I've also had this error from time to time but as dachay said a reboot seems to fix it and I also can't find any reason why it sometimes does this. It happens very rarely so I don't stress about it.

Back