TruBLUE

I have a
HP Pentium(r) 4 @ 2.4 GHZ
2gb of ram @ 1.4 Ghz
Using a Sound blaster live sound card
Samson C03U mic
Sonar 8.5
Aiso4ALL v2.11 beta1
aiso buffer for the sound card is @ 1024 samples & latency in and out is 32 samples
aiso buffer for the mic is @ 512 samples & latency in and out are 32 samples

My problem is when I push play and/or record the sound clics or cuts out(not dropout) multiple times throught the song and i end up having to redo a verse or the whole song which puts a strain on my voice after a while so i decided after the third time rerecording i had to fix it.

So My question is How do i fix the clics and :cursing: mic cut outs?

I just got this mic not buying another one until my next big project. Why should i get a interface for a usb mic? Ill start with a sound card, any recommended brands?

Nobody said 'get a sound card'. Get an audio interface. Why are you so adamant about not getting an external interface? Quit ignoring the advice from this forum, and disrupting it. It is not in your best interest man.

We are here to help, and share our experiences. Please join, and learn.

I would love to hear your music as well. I am curious how good the quality of a USB mic can be with a great producer. Please post in the DJ & Hip Hop Production forum. Or in the MP3 Clinic.

See you there Tru. :)

I Dont have any finished projects recorded with this mic, but i will when i get my albums done.

Im not trying to seem like im denying help or anything what im trying to say is I have a usb mic. The usb mic has a a/d converter and a preamp of some sort built in. Why do I need a (expensive)interface when i can get something else for cheaper and get the outcome that im looking for

If the audio is dropping out on the USB mic up the latency in the asio panel. As was said asio4all isn't the best driver. If you can find an asio driver for the SB use it. Same goes for the USB mic. Upgrading to SonarX1 wouldn't hurt either it uses less resources than 8.5.

An outboard interface connected via firewire is gonna give you better AD/DA conversion and allow you to monitor the direct signal off your mic or line input--- eliminating latecy problems when overdubbing.

Also, turn off your virus software, screen savers, and any other crap that is running in the background on your computer. Max out your virtual RAM too.

If you are using soft synths freeze them or bounce them to audio to free up RAM. Audio "cutting out" IS a dropout. You don't mention what size or speed hard drive you are using, but you want to get a 7200RPM SATA at minimum for audio production.

Back