Drum Tracks With Cakewalk 9.0

62strat

I am a solo musician and the only thing I can't play for my project is drums. I need a real feel along with some nice loops. I am not very good with electronic programing and need user friendly suggestions for a great sounding human feeling solution.
I am using Cakewalk 9.0 with StudioMix

Cakewalk has a drummer plugin.. but yoou may have to register it, I think it is shareware.. the name escapes me at the moment, but if you right click on the effects window for a midi track you will see it.. As far as drum parts go, I found a lot on the web, just did a search on MIDI drums.. you can also strip them off other Midi tunes, if there is a song that is similar too.. or you can make a drumming friend...

Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with the Session Drummer but I'm having trouble with the real feel. I'm not real happy with the sounds onboard and wanted something that would be as close to a real drummer without having to go through the micing of drums and soundproofing and all the other stuff that goes along with a real drummer.

Well, with regard to Micing and sound proofing.. how about a pad set?? then you get the real feel with the editabilaty of midi.. I have a Drum Kat DK10, an old pearl kick pedal with a home made trigger, and a Hi hat foot switch .. got it on line with a stand for 350.. and when I want something real good, I call my drummer friend over, otherwise, I play it myself and then fix the errors with quantize...

Cakewalk sells "Drag and Drop Drummer". It has audio loops of a real drummer recorded perfectly in a studio. I use it on my projects and can't tell the difference between live and not. It has samples available in .wav form as well as midi.

RJB

Thanks for the comments. I will look into it. Is it different then the one that comes with Cakewalk9.0?

Back