drum sampler for sonar

spacedye

Vest
i heard of a drum sampler plug-in that works in sonar. i thought it was called "drum-go", but that doesnt seem to work in the search engine.
anyone know of any or the correct title?
any help would be great!! thanks!

drumagog

i think what you are refering to is drumagog. im dowloading the free 14 day full use trial wright now. from what i understand you can take and record yourself tapping your fingers on your computer desk and what drumagog does is replace the finger tap sounds with drum samples of your choice. that would be so cool if all i have to do is play drums with my fingers on my desk lol. if you search this forum there is a article where someone did this with there fingers and they used drumagog and wow it turned into drums, i listened to the mp3 of it sounded awesome for being so simple. anyway the web addy is www.drumagog.com i hope this was useful to you spacedye, if this wasnt what you meant you should at least try it out and see what you think.ill see ya around friend have a good one. tim pate

THANKS!!!!!

thank you flash!!
that is exactly the name of what i ws looking for... couldnt rememeber it at all.
wow.. thanks a million!!!!
happy new year!!!!:D :D

I have got drumagog and it is a very cool plugin.My problem was recording an older,inexpensive kit with old heads = cardboard drums.Drumagog on an aux uses your original tracks to trigger samples at both the correct TIME as well as the correct VELOCITY to sound natural.

Here are two clips to illustrate:10 seconds each,same file with the exception of using drumagog and samples.

http://artistcollaboration.com/~tom/kit1.wma
kit 1 is the acoustic drums as best I could EQ them

http://artistcollaboration.com/~tom/kit2.wma
kit 2 has the snare and kick replaced with samples by drumagog and,to me sounds punchier.

Drumagog comes with a CD of sounds,but you can use your own samples as well,very handy!Here is a link to my sample collection of acoustic drums arranged in categories.Royalty free,16 bit samples so feel free to use them on your projects.
http://samples.artistcollaboration.com/

wow very nice site you have there tom. nice sound samples to. ive been using the ns6 kit samples and these rock. very good sounds and they are free as well. so are you playing the drum pattern out on a real set of drums and then replacing the parts with drumagog? my problem is i dont have a drum kit and im not sure how to go about recording the tracks to replace with drumagog. im using a mixer but i can only record one track at a time so i have to record the kick and then record the snare and then add fills and hihat and so on. because if i record the whole mix on one track how would drumagog know which part is the kick and which part is the snare so it can replace them. its a real pain in the butt but i will do anything to get better drum sounds since i dont have a real drummer to work with.can i take a midi drum pattern and use drumagog to replace the sounds or wont that work because they are all on one track? im still trying to figure out the wright way to approach this problem any help would be great from somone who knows.anyway thanks for the links to the sound files. have a good one. tim pate god bless

Flash,

You may consider the following procedure for creating drum tracks:

1) get yourself a software sampler. Livesynth Pro is one that recognizes SF2 format, not very expensive and preferred by mnany

2) download a number of free drum soundfonts from http://www.thesoundsite.net/ or http://www.hammersound.net/ (there are tons of drum kits there)

3) load Livesynth Pro in Sonar and experiment with different drum SF's until you find what you like

4) create a drum midi track by any of the following methods
a) painting notes in the piano roll
b) using midi controller
c) using a piano keyboard proggie and your PC keyboard for input
d) using built-in drumming tools in Sonar
e) using ready-made breakbeats from Midicube, Keyfax or other vendors
f) a combination of the above or any other method

5) render the drum track to audio and tweak to taste.

Drumagog, as far as I understand, is only necessary to correct a poor audio drum track by substituting samples, so why should you make a poor track in the first place? Make it great from the very start!

You load drumagog on a channel insert in your software.It acts as a trigger to activate the individual samples.One instance each on the snare and kick seems to be the common usage.But the amount of RAM consumed by drumagog is insignificant even when using lots of instances of it.
You can do a midi drum pattern,one part at a time,each part to its own track.Then render that to individual audio tracks as .wav files,which could then be used to trigger the samples using drumagog.It would be important in laying down the initial midi tracks to do it freehand with lots of dynamics.
Drumagog uses "dynamic multisampling".It simply doesn't trigger an individual sample in response to the incoming signal.It triggers either 8 or 24 samples (selectable) of the same sound at varying volume levels,which the software selects in response to the intensity of the incoming signal.This produces a very natural sounding sound replacement.
However,the use of tracks of individual live drums is just a better source than midi to trigger the samples and produces a really great sounding kit from ordinary tracks.

Back