drum beats, etc

dvincent

Hi I have HS2002 (I can upgrade if I need to) and I am thinking of buying Fruity loops or kinetic for Beats. This will be new because Ive always used either a real drummer or a simple old drum machine. My question is: Can these files created - kick, snare, hihat, etc. (separate track waves) - be transferred over to PROTOOLS and still be in sync? Im just wondering before I buy if these files will be compatible with protools. Thx. :)

The latest version of Sonar will import and export in an OMF file format which can be used to transfer stuff to Pro Tools.

I don't know which version, if any, has this support in HS 200x. Maybe check the specs of the latest one for "OMF support".

Your other option is to put a click track over two bars, leave another one bar blank and then dump each track to it's own .WAV file. These can then be manually imported into Pro Tools and the click tracks used to line everything up.

Ciao,

Q.

.. or just export every track from the begining of the song. Start the export from 0:00:00. :)

Back