Does it matter

shoe1

Does it matter if i mixdown or not? Like when putting it on a cd, what'd the difference of a song thats been mixdowned and one thats not? thanks

-Shoe

to my understanding you have to mix down, i'm not sure what you mean. say you have all your tracks recorded and edited the way you want. Mixing odwn is then the process of combining all of those tracks to one stereo track, usually a .wav file or an .mp3.

shoe1 said:
Does it matter if i mixdown or not? Like when putting it on a cd, what'd the difference of a song thats been mixdowned and one thats not? thanks

-Shoe
Errr.... exactly how are you going to get it on a CD if you don't mix it down? :confused:

dachay2tnr said:
Errr.... exactly how are you going to get it on a CD if you don't mix it down? :confused:

Just save it and export the tracks to a wave file, then burn it on to a cd using Windows media Player.

Say i have three tracks. If i want to mixdown, how do i get all three tracks so that when i mixdown theres only one track that appears in the mix? That track would be the final mixed track. i dont think this makes sense...

-Shoe

shoe1 said:
Just save it and export the tracks to a wave file,

-Shoe
Hmmmm... hate to tell you, but that IS a mixdown.

You can also mixdown internally within Sonar, but this will not elimate the original tracks (and believe me, you don't want to anyway). It will simply give you a new additional (stereo) track of the complete mix.

mix it

when exporting your file it will mix down. If you want it All as one track kust import that mixed down wav or mp3 back to your project or open a new one

Back