D4 Names in Cakewalk

Terry

Here's my situation: I have created a new kit for an Alesis D4 drum module using a specially designed patch editor/librarian (D4Man). Anyway, I keep this kit stored in the librarian on the computer until which time I need to load it into the D4 to use on a particular sequnce in Cakewalk PA9. Cakewalk already has the default kit names in the instrument definitions list. However, it won't let me add the new kit name! Therefore, when I try to start the sequence it sends the default name to the D4 and goes back to the preset kit. I don't want to save the new kit in the D4. I only want to load it from the computer when I need it. Any other time I want the default kit. Does anybody know how I can tell Cakewalk to recognize my new kit so I can choose it as the patch name for the sequence? Thanks for any answers.

I too have a d4 - -Either you need to give in and save the set to the d4 and then "set" cakewalk to the corisponding set. Or you could use the sysex feature - Dump the sysx from your d4 to cakewalk and set cakewalk to send the sysx back - Read the cakewalk and D4 manuals and you'll undestand.

Good luck

Hmmmm....I never thought about that. It's so crazy, it just might work! I'll see what happens. Thanks.

Back