A couple issues with VSampler

ManDooM

I'm using the included "Manytone" drumkit samples that come with PE. I have some 32nd notes on the closed hat at 105 bps and Vsampler can't keep up. It's only three notes in a row but it stumbles over the samples when it gets to that point and won't play them all. Is this issue easily fixed? I really like the beat I created and I would hate to change it.

Also, I can't get Sonar to save my loaded instrument settings in the Vsampler audio tracks. Every time I open the project I have to reload the instrument I want assigned to the tracks.

Can't help unless you don't have enough memory or cpu-power and that is the problem. However, I'd like to mention another drum problem with VSampler I had: Cymbals would build to an ear piercing noise. I found out I had to go to "zones view", mark all samples and tell VSampler that playback mode was "drum". This cured the problem. When cymbals were hit quickly many times you would get like 10 cymbals sounding before that change.

Had a look at Manytones, and the samples have been properly marked with the drum playback mode. So that is not the problem here.

I have an Athlon XP 3400+ equivalent and 1GB DDR400 in dual channel. I hope that's not the problem. Could you recommend some different drumkits (preferrably free) that I could try? Or maybe where to find some?

Back