Console view settings won't stay put.

monty

Banned
Pro Audio 8. When I move the pan and volume controls on the console they will revert to a previous setting when I restart play or exit the project and return. Anyone?

Yep, they fixed this problem in version 9.

To get around it, turn off update in the console view (, or the button third from the right). Position the faders how you want them. Rewind to the beginning of the song, then push in the console view (or the button with the camera on it) to take a 'snapshot' of the console settings, then push again.

This is a side effect of allowing the console to be automated, Cakewalk 8 views the settings on the track view as part of the automation, and resets to them at the start: changes on the console view don't change the track view's values.

Frustrating, isn't it? :)

William Underwood

cwillu; Yes, it is frustrating. Thanks very much for the response. Better than tech support at Cakewalk. I've been setting all that stuff with the draw controllers until now. I did call the sales dept. and the salesman uses 9 and thought 8 should do the same. Looks like they were wrong again. I haven't tried it yet but will right now. I think I will have to break down and get 9 as everyone has good things to say about it. Only $79 for the upgrade, I believe. How does that tape sim sound? And the amp sim?

cwillu; Ya it works. What a pain in the butt. And to think it only took 9 releases to do it. Thanks again. And thanks to the Dragon for having a place to get help.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 02-02-2000).]

thanks guys. I had this same problem. I sometimes marvel at the "great software engineering" minds that don't thank of the fact that maybe if we moved sliders, that we'd want them to stay put...

-shack

I finally got a response from Cakewalk. They said release 8 and 9 are the same in that respect. He said to leave the update button up which I tried many times and it just didn't work quite that way. It's a good thing this website is here.

actually, this problem only came into existance with version 7, version 6 and prior did it the usable way.

oh well, such is life before cakewalk 9.

Well I got CWPA9 and it's still doing it. Now what? Maybe I should mention that it is doing it with songs I recorded using version 8. Maybe the settings somehow came along with the version 8 stuff. There was a point when I was loading the 9 program when it asked If I wanted to retain the version 8 settings. Maybe I should completely uninstall and reload from scratch. Or maybe it just comes along with the individual songs. I guess I should try it with a song recorded using ver 9. Any opinions would be welcome in the meantime.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 03-18-2000).]

Back