Change tempo of a imported song on Sonar 6 Producers Edition

Cudmasters Los

How do you change the tempo of a imported song. The whole song, not parts of it. I know you can do it with groove clip looping, but that is only for a few seconds. If i change the tempo number it doesn't work.I can't seem to do it with audio snap, just notes.

Thanks

Inside Sonar ALT+9 takes you to the tempo view, where you can set the tempo. If what you want to do is speed up or down AUDIO, then that's a whole different animal altogether.

Do you know how to change the audio. Is it with the pitch?

I finally figured out that you can't change the tempo unless you enable stretching on the loop construction view. Pretty confusing considering the fact that what I want to do is change the tempo, and I have to do it in the Loop Construction view, not the tempo view. There should be a strectch enable in the tempo view as well. That puts the user on a wild goose chase. Unless you can, and I am still chasing geese.

Thanks for your responce.

You are chasing geese. It is possible to midi-map an entire song by creating a separate midi track. Then you painstakingly add a midi event to each beat that corresponds to the song. After you've created this "midi map" of the beats in the song, you can change the tempo of the project and hear the audio results by enabling "stretch audio". It's very time consuming, and the results are hit and miss.

You may want to try a different program which slows down songs and even modifies pitch. Guitarists use these programs to slow a song down to learn the lead lines.

i am assuming that this is diffrent than me just enabling audio stretch in the loop construction view. With this I can change the tempo and the pitch. If this is diffrent,even like you said, time consuming, and pain in the neck, what advantages does it have?

Thanks

Back