Cannot select my soundcard as audio input

nigeleccleston

I am a Sonar 4 (home studio) Newbie, and going through the tutorials. I'm on the recording audio tutorial, and trying to record guitar (through the mic in). I'm in Track view, and the input dropdown shows "none". I click the arrow, and can see my soundcard "RealTek AC97 Audio (1 in-1 out)" listed with an arrow (actually a little triangle pointing to the right).
However, I cannot select this option; I can only select "none". Clicking on the Realtek option does not open up any further dialog (implied by the arrow)

What I have tried so far:
- Searched this board for ideas
- Checked my Windows volume control and recording control to make sure I have the mic in selected
- Checked Windows device manager to ensure there are no warning messages
- Checked the mic in connection does work (using Windows recorder)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do plan on buying a better sound card (M-Audio 2496) but I think Sonar should work with what I have.

Go to Options>Audio>Drivers and make sure you have selected your sound card for the input driver.

If that doesn't work, what drivers and/or bit depth do you have selected to use in Sonar.

Perhaps you have selected ASIO or WDM drivers and your soundcard doesn't support them. Or perhaps you have selected 24 bit recording, and your sound card doesn't support that.

Thanks

Thanks - it is working - in Options/Audio/General I had None selected for Playback timimg master. Selected my card and now I can select input. Next step - find out more about this sound card and what drivers supported.

nigeleccleston said:
I am a Sonar 4 (home studio) Newbie, and going through the tutorials. I'm on the recording audio tutorial, and trying to record guitar (through the mic in).

Also use your line in for recording rather than mic in !

Back