Can I rename .WAV files??

Here's a question: I'm using Pro Audio 9. Whenever a .WAV file is recorded it is stored in the WAVE FILES folder in my Program files. The thing is, Cakewalk gives each .WAV a name like "RClw7jxc.WAV". Does anybody know if it is OK to rename these .WAV files to say something easier like "Harmony vocals" or "organ solo" or the like?? Will Cakewalk still recognize the same files when I open the project?? Very curious!!!

The main reason I ask is because I backup my .WAV files to CD-R and then keep a log of what everything is and what project it goes to. It would be much easier to type in "acoustic guitar rhythm" than "CVlw7sx.WAV". See what I mean?

Terry:
Can't you save as a bundle project to CDR, using the *.bun extension ? This way you know the wav files are with it.

PAPicker

yes save it as a .bun file and burn it to cd.
you can then delete the .wrk file and the .bun and then you can choose clean audio disk from the tools menu and delete what files cakewqlk finds.
if you want to restore the song to cakewalk,pop the cd in and doubleclick on the song and it will be restored to your pc
dave

I'm not positive how to do this, actually. Anybody got a step-by-step? I don't want to screw anything up that's valuable. Thanks.

Duh...nevermind. I just figured it out. That'll teach me to read the help file!!Thanks for the advice gang.

Back