can i record multiple tracks at once with sonar 2.0xl?

mcs0817

Can I record multiple seperate tracks at one time with sonar2.0xl? I want to be able to record my drums all at once but keep some of the drums (real drums not programed ones) on different tracks. Thanks

That is what a multitrack software is for :) You definitely can record so many tracks simultaneously depending on your processor and ram etc. Drums can be perfectly recorded in 5 or 6 seperate tracks fro kick, snare, hihat, overheads, toms etc.

Keep in mind that you need to have a soundcard with as many inputs as tracks you plan on recording seperately. If you are just using the sound card that came in your computer, or something like a SBLive, you will only be able to record one stereo track at a time.

travis

These two gentelmen above were right :)

With propher soundcard (multi input), and sufficient spec (HD, RAM, Procs,etc) you can do that. Off course, you also need as many mic and pre-amp as it takes.

;)
Jaymz

Jeyan said:
That is what a multitrack software is for :) You definitely can record so many tracks simultaneously depending on your processor and ram etc. Drums can be perfectly recorded in 5 or 6 seperate tracks fro kick, snare, hihat, overheads, toms etc.

You're talking about real drums, right?

Back