Cakewalk pro audio 9, GR-30, Fender midi guitar

remcbride

I am trying to record multiple tracks into cakewalk using the GR-30 as the sound source.
On the GR-30 I have set the channel select to 1.P and on cakewalk to channel 1. The recording works fine. Next I would like to record another track. I set the GR-30 to 2.P and cakewalk to channel 2. When I do this cakewalk will not play track 1 while recording on track 2. It seens like the GR-30 will only handle one track patch at a time. I hope this isn't so. I would like to be able to record multiple tracks while still hearing the tracks that I have already recorded. Does anyone know how to do this?
Ron

First, make sure you have a full duplex soundcard so you can play / record at the same time. Second, under audio options in Cakewalk, make sure record & play simutaneously is checked.

Regards,
PAPicker

Soundcard ok Cakewalk set for record & play
Any other ideas? 1.P GR-30 plays channel 1 on cakewalk 2.P plays Channel 2 on cake walk but no two tracks for the GR-30 will play together. Thanks
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PAPicker:
First, make sure you have a full duplex soundcard so you can play / record at the same time. Second, under audio options in Cakewalk, make sure record & play simutaneously is checked.

Regards,
PAPicker
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back