Cakewalk Pro Audio 9/CAN'T RECORD AUDIO

OjaySmith

I am desparate. All of a sudden I can't get any levels in console view when I try to record audio. Midi records fine. My set up is Dell Dimension 3000, Windows XP, Creative Sound Blaster PC1521 sound card, Roland XP 30, Behringer Eurorack MX 1804X. I tried to answer any questions you may ask me below:

My sound card records midi from my Roland XP through a Behringer mixer perfectly in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

Tapping the mic registers levels on the Behringer mixer perfectly.

When I play the Roland it registers levels on and records perfectly through the Behringer mixer.

Windows' Device Manager says the sound card is working perfectly.

The only problem is getting Cakewalk's console View to show levels when I try to record audio. I can't record any audio. Even when I put the console view slider all the way up or volume on Behringer all the way up

I don't know if there's a switch or something in Cakewalk that I need to click.

I do know that I'm suppose to click "Line In" in the Windows MS mixer, but when I do that I get absolutely nothing (levels) in console view. But when I click microphone instead, a tiny little bit of level registers in Console View, but way to small of a level to actually record anything. It only goes to about 54 at the very bottom. I think it's just sound card noise.

I used to have a friend do all my midi/computer hook ups who is now very, yery sick, so maybe that's my problem. I'm not good at this so this is a pre-school explanation" I have the parallel port plugged into the sound card, coming from the Behringer's left and right "main out". Next to parallel port are four little quarter inch colored holes; Black, green, red, blue. Into the Black hole I have a black quarter inch plug that's split off from the parallel port, I put into the black sound card hole. Then into the green hole green hole I have plugged a set of computer speaker (FYI: These speakers are just for computer. I have studio monitor for recording.)

Nothing is muted anywhere. I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

In Cakewalk Track Properties I have: Source-Stereo SB1512 Wave Device, Port-SB1512 Wave Device, Channel-None, Bank Select-Normal, Bank-None, Pan-64, Volume-127 (which has worked in the past)

...My sound card records midi from my Roland XP through a Behringer mixer perfectly in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

...When I play the Roland it registers levels on and records perfectly through the Behringer mixer.
Records analog from the Roland through the mixer?
I'd say check the track input assignment is Cake but it looks like it's at least getting some level even from the mic.

Run the wave/suncard prifiler from the audio options in cake. Sometimes they forget whos talking to whom.

Back