Cakewalk - Gulp

Valig

I have away from this for awhile and have changed PCs. I have my Cakewalk Pro 8 CD but can't locate the serial number. Anyone know how to get a new one?
Thanks

Valig said:
I have away from this for awhile and have changed PCs. I have my Cakewalk Pro 8 CD but can't locate the serial number. Anyone know how to get a new one?
Thanks
Contact Cakewalk.

You won't get on e here.

I understand that. Im legal, but all I have is the CD does anyone have an Email address or phone number for contact? Im sorry if I was misunderstood I lost all the package and documentation during my last move and don't know who to contact. Im not a bootlegger.

ok Im reinstalled but trying to record on my IBM laptop. It has Crystal fusion soundware. I can't get Cakewalk to "hear it". There must be something set wrong but I don't even know where to start any help??

Valig said:
ok Im reinstalled but trying to record on my IBM laptop. It has Crystal fusion soundware. I can't get Cakewalk to "hear it". There must be something set wrong but I don't even know where to start any help??
Crystal fusion soundware..this must be a sound card? Do you know if its compatable?Is your intergrated sound card disabled? It should be.

here is no added sound card. I just have a cd player plugged into the back of the laptop. Sound comes out of the speakers but Cakewalk doesn't seem to notice no readings on meters or anything

I have a source plugged into the mic /line in of the computer but the software wont recogize it. Where do I start?

Get a good, proper soundcard that isn't too expensive. Then get headphones or monitor speakers. Make sure the input level boost is checked. Make sure you're gain is up. Check to see if your mic requires more power than it's getting from the Firebox preamps.

Various things...good luck.

Have you selected the soundcard from inside cakewalk? When you want to ecord you need to select a track, then from there select the input & output for it.
Go back in & have a squiz at that level.
Also get a good external soundcard or ditch the laptop & record on a PC with a GOOD soundcard.

Back