CAKEWALK DOESN"T WORK

zumdiggidy

I use cakewalk pro audio 9
for creativity, you can do anything..
but how do you make it sound "professional"..am I mixing wrong? compressing wrong? I can't make real stuff
can
Cakewalk achieve REAL sounding music?
I spent enough... 'cmon computer guys!!!

What sound card are you using for starters? The "professional" sound is about as subjective as well as elusive as it gets. You should put an MP3 file out there (MP3 Clinic) for others to listen to and voice their comments. The variables impacting sound quality are too numerous to mention here. However, the good news is that each one of them has been identified and elaborated on at one time or another throughout this forum. It's like Ragu, it's in here... you just need to scroll through each topic and read. Don't despair! Take a deep breath and know there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Do you have all the other "pro" stuff that goes with it? Pro soundcard, pro mixer, pro pre-amp, pro compressor. You know, thousands of dollars worth of stuff like the "pros" use to get their "pro" sound? Cakewalk only records. It doesn't work miracles. Unfortunately, most of us find that out after we buy it.

Your front end (mics and preamps) and your soundcard are much more important than the recording program.

I'm no virtuoso, so don't take this the wrong way but, if someone can just sit down with an average acoustic guitar and pump out some music, either instrumental or with singing also and sound good, chances are they will sound "better than good" when recorded. That's assuming they're recorded properly. That's why bands who use 4 track recorders who record terrible sounding demos, technically or sonically speaking, but with emotion, passion, feeling and dynamics in the music itself always get the record deals and the bands who just produce great digital recordings technically, but lack musically never get signed. THE BAND IS IN YOUR HAND!
Thanks, Super

Back