Cakewalk 8 problem. Please help.

shackx2

Has anybody ever experienced problems with the FIRST measure of audio recording not syncing up?
When trying to record an audio track, I have the metronome enable and it will click off 2 measure just fine. As soon as it starts recording (according to the metronome) the first 2 beats come real fast, then there's a lag to 3rd beat and 4th beat plays catch up. But the 2nd measure of recording, everything is in time.
If I try to ignore the click, and just go ahead and record, it seems to record what i'm playing all right, but this is very difficult and frustrating to try to do.
I've done lots of phone call trouble shooting with the company that i bought Cakewalk 8 and my interface from, but they finally just said to try to call Cakewalk. Cakewalk is INCREDIBLY difficult to get through to. PLEASE HELP. Thanks.

I've got a PIII 450mhz system with 96M RAM and plenty of hard-drive. I'm using a Roland UA-100 for all my audio and midi interfacing with the computer.

it sounds to me like you're using the 'count-in' on the metronome. my advise, don't use it. just rewind to measure 1, click record and start recording on measure 2 or 3 or whatever you like after measure 1. Don't know if that will solve your problem but it might work.

Give it a try.

Good luck.

Yes, I have been using the count-in and it seems to be in sync. It's just that whenever it hits that first measure of "record", no matter when or where it is, it's messed up like that. If I set the metronome to NOT count-in, it will still be messed up on that first measure of record.

Thanks for the idea, though! :)

Anybody else have any ideas?

Have you tried playing around with "Audio Options" menu? In the advanced pane, try increasing the number of record buffers and/or the number of file i/o buffers.

Hope this helps

William Underwood

I agree with cwillu, probably a system optimization problem - although make sure the count-in measures are at the same tempo as the rest of the tune - just watch the tempo "LED" as you record or play - I drove myself crazy for about an hour one day because of that little snafu. :)

Back