bus pan question

dctoms

I am trying to run two sets of monitors using Sonar 2xl and a Delta 1010lt.

I'm not sure if I have the terminology right, but hopfully you can understand what I mean.

I have the main(A bus) going to one set and and the Main B bus going to the other set. By main bus I mean the sliders at the far right of the console view.

All tracks have their out set to main bus A and Aux Bus 1 swithed on to "post". Aux Bus 1 out is then set to Main Bus B.

I can hear music and adjust the levels on both of the mains with the appropriate result, but I can only hear pan settings applied to the individual tracks on the main A bus. Track pan settings have no effect on the mix going through the Aux Bus to Main Bus B.

Is there a way to hear the pan settings through both Main Busses?

Why are you doing this?

Is it simply so you can A/B the mix through a different set of speakers? If so, IMHO it would be a whole lot easier simply to just reassign the VMain when you want to switch speakers. There's no need to involve any Aux Bus.

For ex., hook up Speaker Pair #1 to your Delta’s 1/2 Out connections. Then connect Speaker Pair #2 to the Delta’s 3/4 Outs. In Sonar, assign VMain A to the Delta 1/2 ports.

When you want to switch over to the second set of speakers, simply click the down arrow in Vmain A’s Out Box and reassign it to Delta 3/4. Voila! Mix comes out of the other speakers with all the same settings.

Click the down arrow again and reassign VMain A back to Delta 1/2 when you want to return to the other speakers.

Sounds like the problem is you want a second stereo mix on B-buss, but auxes are mono sends?

mixsit said:
Sounds like the problem is you want a second stereo mix on B-buss, but auxes are mono sends?
You can still pan a track going to an Aux Bus. However you have to use the Aux Bus pan controls, rather than the track pan controls (or, more precisely, in addition to the track pan controls).

Bottom line, however, is what is he trying to do. I think there are better ways to get there - once we figure out where he's trying to go. :D

Back