Bouncing Tracks in PA9

Hiduk

I am mixing my first project in PA9. I have the drum tracks about ready to go and need to bounce them to a stereo track or two seperate left and right tracks.

I thought Mixdown to Audio would accomplish this, but it looks like it reduces all tracks to a stereo track. How do I select only the drum tracks instead of all of them? Or am I totally missing something?

Hiduk:
Assuming your Drums are digital audio and not MIDI, Hold down the control (Ctrl) Key and and select the tracks you want to mix together in mixdown( they become highlited ). It should only mixdown the selected tracks. If you don't do this, Cakewalk defaults to mixing down all the tracks.

Regards,
PAPicker

[This message has been edited by PAPicker (edited 03-20-2000).]

It posted twice for some reason.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 03-20-2000).]

I tried hilighting the individual tracks that I wanted to bounce and selected the Bounce to Tracks. It still bounced all my tracks, not just the ones I hilighted!

Am I doing something wrong?

Why doesn't the manual have any information on bouncing individual tracks!

OK, Hiduk, I got the cure !
MUTE the tracks you don't want to bounce !
I ran a test and it worked . . . AAHHHHH
I feel better now.

Regards,
PAPicker

Yea, I found it on Cakewalk's frequently asked questions last night. They really should have documented it better. I then archived the original tracks and had plenty of CPU for the rest of the project. Apparently, you can either mute the tracks you don't want to bounce or solo the ones you do...

Thanks for your help!

Back