Audio and MIDI are out of sync

Butch

I am a new Cakewalk user. I make a MIDI backup on Band in the Box and then bring this to Cakewalk Pro Audio and record some vocals with it. I set the timing clock to audio as per Cakewalk instruction. Still the audio vocal and MIDI backup are out of sync. I've tried it several times but it seems they cannot synchronize. I don't know what to do with this problem. Can anybody help?

It's supposed to be able to do this! However, if you haven't got time to figure out how or are allergic to aspirin, try recording the BiaB tune to an audio file first; the second audio track can then be synced to the first.

I still can't figure out how to record the BBox tune (a MIDI) to Cakewalk as an audio file. I tried to loop the output and input of the soundcard and then record on CW as BBox plays but all I got is a loud hum. I don't know if its my soundcard (a half duplex Soundblaster). Maybe I'll need 2 PCs, one to play and one to record.
But a lot of thanks just the same! I'm sure I'll have more questions later.

You just answered your own question! That's what half-duplex means. However, there's still a solution for you (although you're not going to get far recording audio with a half-duplex card so you might as well start shopping for a new one anyway). Somewhere floating around the Web there's a program that -- offline! -- converts MIDI to audio and that's what you want. I vaguely recall it's called Renderman.

Back