audio editor

TomK

Is the Cakewalk audio editor powerful enough so that I don't need a dedicated program, like Cool Edit?

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give the cakewalk audio features about 6.5....this really depends on what you want to do...other editors are easier to use and have more features but you can get good results with cake...I use DCart for old recording cleanup and sound forge for loop/short files. the weak link in cake is the efx at least efx1 which comes on pa9....I would use cake until you reach a point where theres is an obvious need/app that you simply MUST have.

cakewalk for editing

In a scale from 1 to 10 would gove Cakewalk a 4 as far as editing is concerned.

Try Sound Forge 4.5

I works well with cakewalk

wari

All things considered, CW has enuff editing features to keep you from getting involved in another dedicated editor.
I say work it to death and learn all of its capabilities till you outgrow it or find somethin' better for you.

There are many varying opionions about a lot of editors. I like Cool Edit. Use Cakewalk... it will do a lot. If it is inadequate, try downloading some of the demos and/or free/shareware and see if you like them better.

Back