applying effects to selection?

Nathan1984

I have been wondering, can you apply an effect to just a section of a track without applying it to the rest of the track. Say I highlight a portion of a guitar track or say I want to take the beginning of a song and make it sound as if it is coming through a radio or something, do I have to cut and paste, or is there a way to just highlight the part I want to apply an effect to and apply said effect without applying it to the whole track?

You would have to do an automation write. Enable the automation write on track and plug-in, press record, you should be able to control effect. You can adjust parameters of plug in and it will now be apart of track. Disable automation write, and turn record off. When you look at the track, you will see a line that will be the plug in effect. Oh, and the automation read must be enabled for play back. Hope this helps.

Just use the cutting tool (alt key) to make a subclip of the area you want to apply fx to, right click and either apply effect or insert effect

Back