Advice on OS

BloodShark

Hey guys,

I'm going for a new computer, and I'd like to know your opinion on which OS should I use. I'm currently running Windows 98 SE and I'd like to know (thinking of Sonar 2.2 XL) if I should go for Windows XP or stick with 98 SE.

Thanks for any inputs!
BS

My experience going from 98 to XP Pro has been good.

The computer starts up faster and is all round snappier.

It also resolved noise problems I was having with my delta 44.

The only issue I've had is the damn Intel digital camera software is not supported under XP.

All in all I would recommend it

BloodShark said:
I'm going for a new computer, and I'd like to know your opinion on which OS should I use. I'm currently running Windows 98 SE and I'd like to know (thinking of Sonar 2.2 XL) if I should go for Windows XP or stick with 98 SE.
Do it! WDM drivers are great! The OS is more stable! And your computer will run faster (mine did, anyway)!

You got nothing to loose. :)

And if you want to upgrade to Sonar 3... Sonar 3 will only run on Win 2k/XP. ;)

One of the major differences between XP Home and Pro is dual processor support and the fact that Pro can connect to a Domain where Home can't. Consider that when comparing the price difference.

Porter

XP- no question. It will give you a more stable system with more upgrade potential easier in the future.

To make your decision easier - newegg.com has xp home for $91. and xp pro for $141. They are the "OEM" edition which means you need to get it with hardware. They "sell" you a $5.00 power splitter cable, then refund you $5. for a bulk purchase.

-lee-

Back