Adjusting fine pitch in Sonar X3 Producer for VST MIDI instruments

Magiskeld

Hello all! After many years am back to recording. I used to use my Roland XP-80 to track ideas, and it had an excellent little feature I don't seem to find on VST synths. As many patches (especially orchestral ones) seem to be a little flat, you could 'Fine Tune' them up by cents, till the tuning matched the rest of the tracks. I am presently trying to 'tune' my new EWHarp to match my guitar and bass tracks which are tuned to standard C scale. The harp is cringingly flat next to the rest :P I don't see a fine tune feature anywhere in Sonar X3 Producer, nor any other VST synth for that matter. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

I’ve used sonar for years but havent heard of this. Every time I penciled in or played a C on any vsti, a C is what came out. It’s probably a configuration issue though between your vst, daw and interface or sound card.

Different sampling rates or somethin.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Sonar works, but Reaper has a pitch shift VST (ReaPitch) with which you can adjust the tuning of a midi track. However, it is rare that I found a VST instrument to be out of tune. More often, it is other instruments that are more likely to be out of tune. I've used Reapitch mostly as a special effect.

Oooof, found the answer. Appears most vst synths have a fine tune function, except for the Harp one:P Thanks much for the replies!

Back