48hz?

Speedy VonTrapp

I am not sure about hz settings in Cakewalk, or in general, to be honest.

I am involved in a project right now, and the people I'm working with want to know if I can record my tracks in 48hz with Cakewalk. (I am using Pro Audio 9).

This might be a very basic question, so I apologize if it is. I'm at work right now, and don't have access to my Cakewalk to check it out, and to be honest, I've not messed with it much in that area so far, either.

I'm not overly concerned about wether 48 is even a good setting, I just need to know if it can do it? Is it something that is changed in Cakewalk, or is it something that's limited by my outboard equipment somehow?

I'm just not sure.

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Speedy

That's 48 khz which referes to the sampling rate. Nothing wrong with recording at 48 k but to put any tunes on a CD you'll have to resample to 44.1 (something I DO NOT care for as I feel it's audible). Personally I track at 44.1 k/ 24 bit.

I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. ;)

Tx, TR.

We will be downsampling later, and it's not known for sure if we'll be laying down at 48 or not, but just so long as I know it's an option.

TX.

IMHO there's more loss when recording in 48 kHz and converting to 44.1 kHz, than recording at 44.1 kHz straight away.

Going from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz is a different matter... ;)

moskus said:
IMHO there's more loss when recording in 48 kHz and converting to 44.1 kHz, than recording at 44.1 kHz straight away.

Going from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz is a different matter... ;)

you guys can hear a difference...me personally 44.1 and 48 are extremely similar...now 96khz i can hear the difference..sounds alot bigger and defined then both when doing the same thing...reverbs sound soooooo gooooooddddd in 96khz...

Teacher said:
...reverbs sound soooooo gooooooddddd in 96khz...

Word Teacher :) I didn't notice that much when the first time I track on 96khz, but then I feel it's obvious when you apply reverb to the track at 96khz :)

;)
Jaymz

Back