2nd track records first track, and new input.

Badumboom

I have a problem. I lay down track one in Adiou, on Pro audio 9, and when I lay down track 2, it records track one, and my new input from my sound card. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Rich

i just read a thread on this.. see also 'Playback while Recording' (https://homerecording.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000225.html)

the first and for-most on recording through your computer is setting your sound card's mixer settings.. you have to do this (to choose where to record from and other vital settings). generally you open it from the speaker icon on your task bar (pc users), especially with generic sound cards.. click on properties, set it to recording, and check the inputs for recording, that you will need to set (i.e. line-in, wav, mic, etc..)

after you have chosen which 'recording devices' to view, check the 'Select' box of what you want to record from. i assume you meant that you don't want CW to record the first track, as it records from input--the only thing you want recorded (while hearing track 1).. so make sure wave is not checked.. it's probably best just to have checked only the one (or however many inputs) device that you want to record from; like line-in or microphone, depending on your set-up.. check your volumes..

that's just the required basics.

gl

Back