XT-20 ADAT Tape?

Revmuddy

I just bought an Alesis XT-20 with 14 hours on it....and I want to use good tape. What brand SVHS tape do you recomend...I read the manual online and saw thier recommendations but I want to hear from some experienced Alesis XT-20 users...And MOST IMPORTANT! Where is the best place online to order it and how much should I expect to pay for it? I have a Tascam TSR-8 reel to reel, Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro and Tascam CC-222 to master with and plan on using the XT-20 to record live gigs, then mix it over to the TSR-8
Any XT-20 other tips will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to help me.....Revmuddy :)

My personal experience, I ALWAYS had good luck with Quantigy tapes and I've had repeatedly BAD luck with HHB tapes. As always, your mileage may very.

I've used both Quantegy and the Maxell... and I prefer the Maxells (they sell both at www.tapes.com I believe).

I think the part number for the Maxells is something like ST26BQ or something like that.

Great tapes.

Velvet Elvis

Try the EMTEC ADAT tapes... preformatted. I also have had good luck with TDK XP Super Pro S-VHS Pro from my local Best Buy.

The only time I ever used a Quantegy ADAT tape, it got stuck in the transport and unraveled...

Back