Update on Alesis Multimix usb 2.0

buryher17

Hey guys, I recently bought the Alesis Multimix USB 2.0 and I've done about 6 demos so far with it in the last month or so and I must say, for anyone who doesn't want to fork out a couple grand for a digi003 or the higher end m-audio products (or whatever good mixers are out there) this mixer is for you.

For $500 this sounds like it's 2 or 3 times more than what it's worth. Setting up couldn't be easier! It took me about 5 seconds to get the drivers installed, and get the whole thing set up. All you have to do is go in the VST properties and enable the channels 1-18 and you're set.

So far I haven't gotten a chance to record with all 16 tracks at once, but I've used 10 at once so far recording a durm kit. I Had the phantom power on, with pre's on 3 channels, a sound enhancer on another, and an EQ on another as well and It handled amazingly. No lagging, No cutting out. It works like a charm.

The cubase program it comes with is very simple to use as well. I have been using LE for a good amount of time before so I already knew how to work it but the LE4 is basically the same thing just more "futuristic".

So overall I suggest using this mixer. I know I haven't mentioned eveyrhting about the mixer due to not enough time, but if anyone wants anymore info just ask. I would definately suggest to get this mixer.

:D

Back