Trouble using Multimix 8 USB with Cubase / Logic

Merrie

Hi Guys,

I was recently given a Multimix 8 USB by a friend. I have an idea of how I want to use it but cant figure it out, and am starting to think it may not even be possible.

Using either Logic or Cubase on a mac, I am trying to find a way to be able to link the individual tracks of the multimix to individual tracks on the running mac program. Like so that if i have four different inputs in the multimix I would like to be able to get individual tracks from each of these up on the computer to mix there later. So far everything that goes into the multimix just appears in one track on cubase or logic. I hope that makes sense?

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if it is, what I may have overlooked?

Thanks you!

This may not be the case, but to me it looks like you can only have a maximum of two individual tracks in your DAW. This doesn't mean you can't utilize all of the inputs on the MultiMix, though. It means that you will have to mix down any inputs you want to use to a stereo track (the "main mix"). You can do this by using the pan pots for each channel. Hard panning to the left will put a channel on track 1, while hard panning to the right will put a channel on track 2.

Back