Splitting a live recording into songs on the HD24

Sadsplace

Hi from the UK,

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to split a live performance recording into separate songs on the HD24, as it gets to be a real pain fast-forwarding through the entire performance setting locate points as song breaks.

Also, it highlights a problem where, for example, if I try and copy/paste an entire guitar track to another track for "track slipping", the file is too large as it consists of the entire performance, sometimes an hours' worth, and so doesn't allow me.

Hope this makes sense!
Cheers guys,
Sadsplace

I have the same problem. The only solution I've found is to pre-name each song before the set, and do a quick "next song", re-arm the tracks and press record. Of course for those songs that have little to no break between them, i end up recording the 2 in one 'song', then breaking them during the mixing.

Of course, this is easier to do with a band that you work with a lot. You know the material and show and get to map your 'songs'.

locate points don't intitiate a new .wav file. He'd still have 24 HUGE files, albeit with locate points.

michaelst said:
locate points don't intitiate a new .wav file. He'd still have 24 HUGE files, albeit with locate points.

is there not a funtion to copy all the tracks within the locate points and copy to a new song?

if not, i'd say ftp the song file and break it down "in the box"

audiofreqs said:
is there not a funtion to copy all the tracks within the locate points and copy to a new song?

I've tried copying several tracks at a time and moving them. The HD24 gave me an error. I can't remember what it said exactly but, something to the affect of "I can't handle all of this, you moron!"

So, no. I don't think so. I'd go for a fireport and wave lab or something like that to cut up the tracks.

Can you make a digital transfer to a DAW and cut it up with software? I make a Lightpipe transfer and save individual songs as Cakewalk projects. Then you can do ANYTHING.

Back